Rich Geisler is the Principal & Founder of Fertility and Surrogacy Legal Group. Dedicated to using his diverse skill set and extensive legal expertise to help better the lives of others, Rich started our firm with the notion that everyone should be supported in creating a family.
With over a decade of legal experience, Rich’s primary focus is in fertility and third-party reproduction law. Rich finds his attention to customer service and approachable attitude make him perfect for this type of law. To that end, Rich has helped countless clients from all over the world achieve the family they have always wanted, making him an “uncle” to children around the globe.
Rich is an active member in the American Bar Association’s Family Law and Assisted Reproduction Legal Section. He is also a fellow in the Academy of Adoption and Assisted Reproduction Attorneys and has presented to his peers on the nuances of fertility law and specifically trust fund management best practices. Rich has traveled internationally to meet with clients and organizations interested in fertility laws in the United States
Principal & Founder
As a leader in the community, Rich donates his time and wisdom in service of multiple non-profit boards, including: Civic San Diego and Recreational Music Center. He also spent a number of years as an adjunct professor of Business Law, Management, and Policy courses at various schools in San Diego.
Rich personally ensures that our clients receive the very best legal representation, while honoring and respecting the needs and rights of persons of differing backgrounds, orientations, philosophies, and creeds. Having built our professional team by hand, he is proud of FSLG’s commitment to excellence to our clients domestically and abroad.
- 2003 Juris Doctor University of San Diego School of Law
- 2007 San Diego Mayoral Appointment to Southeast Economic Development Corp.
- 2008 San Diego Metropolitan Magazine 40 Under 40 Honoree LEAD San Diego Graduate
- 2009 Adjunct Professor for Business Law – University of Phoenix and National University
- 2012 Founded Fertility and Surrogacy Legal Group (originally called Indie Law Group)
- 2012 Mayoral Appointment to Civic San Diego
- 2013 Board of Directors of the San Diego Downtown Partnership
- 2013 Member of 2013 inaugural class of the Public Leadership Institute
- 2014 North Park Main Street Board Member
- 2017 Academy of Adoption and Assisted Reproduction Attorneys Member
- 2017 American Bar Association Family Law - Assisted Reproduction Law Member
- Civic San Diego
- San Diego Mayoral Appointment to Board of Directors (2012 to Present)
- International Children’s Cancer Foundation Co-Founder & Executive Board Officer (May 2008 to Present)
- Recreational Music Center Board President (January 2012 – Present)
- North Park Main Street Board Member Board Member (2014)